Sunday, April 3, 2011

MIA and Catching Up

Well, I've been missing in action these days, haven't I?  I have got to learn to make time to blog even when life gets hectic.  Let's see...what have I been up to?  Well, I've cleaned up throw up and stripped crib sheets twice now (once at 2:30 in the morning).  Two babies equals two times the sickness.  I've changed more runny diapers and ruined outfits than I care to mention.  But, who wants to hear about that?

In other news, I have diagnosed myself with "Project-Related" ADHD.  I cannot seem to finish anything these days.  I have all these fun things I am working on and I get so excited I jump to another one before the first is finished.  Want a sneak peak just for fun?

Remember this beauty that I picked up at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $25?


Well, she's coming along nicely with a fresh coat of paint.


I still have a few things that I need to do to this piece before it takes its place in my bedroom, but I am loving how it is turning out.  I just knew it had potential!  I'll post more pictures when she's moved into her new home!

I'm working a fun spring wreath using a tutorial I found in my online "research".  I had to take a break because my fingers were sore from all the hot glue burns!  Well, that, and it is very monotonous work!  Here's a peak at that one.


I've had the sewing machine out making miles and miles of ruffles...


These are not just for practicing my ruffle-making skills. I am working on a little Easter shirt for the girls.  My hope is that it will turn out well enough for them to actually wear it.  Let's just say that my St. Patrick's day shirts using tons and tons of green glitter wound up in the trash can.  You win some, you lose some.

Oh, I did finish something!  I should tell you about that.  I saw these cute little celebration frames over at one of the blogs I frequent.  They filled the three frames for Christmas that said "JOY", July 4 that said "USA", Halloween that said "BOO" and Valentine's day that said "I {heart} U".  I loved the idea and wanted to get started for Easter.  The only problem?  I couldn't come up with a three letter word.  I tried to think Biblically-speaking.  I tried to think in terms of bunnies and spring.  Nothing coming to me.  So, I went with glittery Easter eggs instead. Here's how it turned out.


I am fairly pleased with it.  However, when I finished Aaron said, "Why didn't you just spell out 'egg'?"  Maybe I missed the obvious!  I think that would have been pretty cute!  In the future I am going to consult with my husband before I complete a project.  He seems to have better ideas than me!  Maybe next year...

Annnndddd, for those of you who just want to see the girls (ahem, the grandmothers).  What have they been up to lately besides creating loads and loads of laundry for their mother?  Well, they had their first official Easter Egg Hunt.  Lily, my over-achiever, got really, really into the hunt.


So much so that she has begun hoarding her eggs...including her sister's.  This has created a great deal of conflict in our home!



Harper, well, she figured out quickly that those eggs had candy on the inside.  She was completely distracted from that point forward.  Nothing was going to suit her until she got them open and got that candy.  



I feel the need to point out the bow!  I am really trying with this child's hair!

Anyway, that's all for now.  I will try and be a better blogger and keep up with our day-to-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment