Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easter's On Its Way

Well, I finally finished something!  Remember those miles and miles of ruffles I made?


I saw this tutorial the other day and I thought the little ruffled eggs were adorable! In addition, it was a fabulously done tutorial.  I had faith that I could actually pull this off for the girls - even after my glittery St. Patrick's day shirt FAIL.  Guess what?  I love, love, love how it turned out!  Take a look.



Those little ruffled eggs up close:




Pretty cute, huh?  This was the perfect project for me.  It kind of has that shabby, frayed look which doesn't require a lot of precision.  I am not the most exact, precise seamstress in the world.  This doesn't require that. I think anyone could make it turn out perfectly.  Also, I scored the shirts on clearance at Walmart for $1!  Love this little project!  Can't wait for the girls to wear them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Had no idea you had that kind of talent -- the girls will look adorable in them.
    Hope to get together again soon!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you write a tutorial or post in-progress pics for those of us more seamstressly-challenged than you? ;)

    ReplyDelete