Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bad Parenting at its Best

So, I bought a storage tub at Walmart the other day.  They were on sale for like $5 and I can just never pass those things up.  They whisper to me this promise of organization, order and peacefulness.  I imagine a world where everything - all my clutter - is neatly tucked away with a printed label telling me its contents.  No overstuffed closets, no drawers that will not close...where was I?

Oh, yes, I bought a storage tub.  I brought it in from outside and sat it in the kitchen floor.  The girls were incredibly interested in it, pushing it all around the house.  I needed to get caught up on my email.  In a moment of genius, I flipped the tub on its side and instructed the girls to play inside.  It's a playhouse!  They giggled and huddled inside and I happily grabbed my iPad and sat down.

I was immersed in the email I was writing and hardly noticed Lily toddling up to me.  "This!" she exclaimed and held out her hand.  I get "This!" about a hundred times a day.  She usually hands me a piece of lint or dog food or a dried up Cheerio.  I looked up from my computer and she handed me a sticker:


Ironic?  Oops.  Guess I lost out on Mother of the Year.

1 comment:

  1. My kids played in these all the time and they are all still alive :-)

    ReplyDelete