Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm in Trouble

Well, I'm in trouble.  Let's just say that I'm not really one of those girls that knows how to "do" hair.  You know at slumber parties when you did makeovers with hair and make-up?  I don't think anybody ever wanted me to do their hair.  I just can't do hair.  I guess I do ok with my own.  But, that only entails drying it while brushing at the same time.  I don't do anything beyond that...ever.  I don't do ponytails or twists. I don't use curling irons, curlers or flat irons.  It just stays how it falls after drying.  Anything else just seems way too high maintenance to me.

In addition to my lack of hair abilities, I have the.straightest.hair in the entire world.  Well, it was the straightest hair in the world until the birth of my daughter, Harper.  She has trumped me in the straight-hair contest.  Exhibit A (with static):



I am also seeing some girly-girl tendencies in this child.  She recently brought me some hair bows she found and was whining and pointing to her hair.  She wanted me to put them in her hair.  Doesn't she know I can't do anything with hair?  I can handle maybe a barrette or a headband.  But, these were like little ponytail holders with bows.  Oh my.  I tried.  I really did.  It is not a good combination, you know - a mom who can't do hair and a child with the world's straightest hair.  Bless her heart.


She looks so proud of her hair in this picture.


Another view


From the back

Lily is the fortunate child in that she doesn't have enough hair for mommy to do things like this to her.  I have a lot to learn with two girls' hair to fix each and every day.  Do they have classes for this kind of thing?  Perhaps I will just keep their hair cut in a little pixie style.  So, please, if you see my children out in public, don't laugh at their hair styles.  It's not their fault.  Their mother is doing the best that she can. 

1 comment:

  1. there are pictures of her Great Aunt Cain with the same hair.Always said mine was attached to the head then left.I think her new "do" looks cute. Just pray she will let you do something to her hair and not be like your sister screaming when she saw a hair brush.

    ReplyDelete