Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pride Cometh Before the Fall

Lest I become too proud of myself and how domesticated I have become (see my previous post regarding my resourcefulness in using my worn out pillowcases)...I feel that I must come clean on how far I have to go before I reach "Domestic Goddess" status.

I am getting ready to do a little reorg on my disorganized laundry room.  I'm all giddy about the possibilities!  I decided to use this giddiness as a little motivation.  I had this huge pile of clothes in my laundry room that needed to be ironed.  I have been operating on kind of an "as needed" basis with ironing.  You know...I "need' this shirt to wear, so I pull it out of the pile, bring out the ironing board, hit it with a lick and a promise and go.

Well, I decided now was the time to work my way through the entire pile of clothes and really take my time...I used steam, starch and everything! Here's the thing, I am ironing my little heart out and I finally get to the bottom of the pile.  What is this?  This shirt doesn't look familiar to me.  I look at the tag.




Ummmm...that's right....a maternity shirt.  I haven't been pregnant in what...16 months now?    I could try and pretend that maybe I had worn the shirt post-pregnancy in that awkward period of time when nothing else fits, but nope.  #1 It was huge - like "woman-pregnant-with-two-babies" huge.  #2 It was a summer shirt and my girls were born in October.

Is that bad?  I have had a pile of ironing to do for at least 16 months.  Don't other people do their ironing every year and a half or so?  Hey, I have an excuse.  I've been busy, busy, busy...taking care of TWO babies, running to McDonald's for a Coke and taking naps.

1 comment:

  1. look, at least you're a stay at home mom who ACTUALLY irons!

    ReplyDelete