Monday, February 21, 2011

The Emma Dress

So, one day last summer my friend TJ came over with her little girl, Eva, who is 3 months younger than the girls.  She had on the cutest little dress with a cross-back.  I fell in love with the simplicity of it and I just knew I could make it.  A few months ago, after scouring the Internet, I finally found a similar pattern here on Etsy.  Eva's first birthday was coming up, so I decided to make her one large enough to wear this summer.  It turned out so cute and I picked up a new sewing skill...using bias tape.  This particular little dress is reversible and required bias tape to "hide" the seams.  I LOVE how it turned out.


Reversible
Front View
Back View


So fun!  I am already dreaming of warmer weather and planning how to make coordinating dresses for my girls this summer!

In other news...here is a sneak peak at my next two projects coming up.  I found these two "beauties" at the Habitat for Humanity Restore.  Forgive the quality of the pictures...these were snapped on my iPhone and texted to Aaron with the message "I want these!"

Scraped together a whole $25 for this treasure
Paid $1...yes, $1 for this piece.

Lest you think I am crazy (much like my husband does), I will be back soon with a little update on these two pieces.  With a little paint and creativity, I am hoping they won't even look like themselves.  So is Aaron.  I think he was a little shocked when I showed him the $25 dresser in person.  I told him he doesn't have the "vision" that I have!  He replied, "I hope so!"  Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a find....I have all the faith in the world you'll make us all envy you having them and not us. As for the dress the girls will be little dolls this summer..can just see them running around barefooted.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Love your blog, glad to see you've joined the obsession! :)

    Strangely, I JUST bought a crisscross pinafore dress pattern on etsy this morning. Really similar, but without the bias tape (which I've never done yet, tell me it's easy). Anyway, the dress looks great!! Can't wait to see what you do with the furniture!!

    Good to see you on here!!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete