Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Players (Part 3)

Photo Credit: JA Laub Photography


Scroll down for The Players posts 1-2

Now to my youngest, Harper...my little Harpie.  Harper is my sweet-natured, sensitive child.  She reminds me a great deal of her Daddy.  Laid-back, sweet...but, don't push her too far or she can have quite the temper.  While Lily runs around like a wild child, Harper is much more content to focus on a toy or book.  She is incredibly smart and I love to watch the little gears in her brain turning as she tries to figure something out!

I would have 50 more kids...well, maybe a couple of more kids...if they could all be like Harper.  Primarily because this child loves her sleep (just like her mama!).  She lunges for her crib as I go to lay her down at night.  She never cries when she goes to sleep and I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to get up and go to her in the middle of the night.  She is a dream when it comes to sleeping!!!

Harper is my snuggle buddy.  When I pick her up and she curls into me and gives me little pats on the back, I could just die right there!  And those eyes...I don't know how in the world two brown-eyed parents had a child with such beautiful blue eyes. (Well, technically, yes I DO know how it happened.  I was, after all, a Biology major in college and took my share of Genetics.  I digress...)

Harper is so verbal.  I swear to you, that she was saying Cal-Cal in reference to our dog, Calli, by the time she was 8 or 9 months old.  She cracks me up daily with all the things she says in her own little vernacular!  The child LOVES music.  Currently, I sing "The B-I-B-L-E" to her about 6,082 times a day.  At the end, she throws her hands in the air and shouts out "Bible!", except it sounds something like "Bibee!".  So, so, so, so cute!!  My hearts bursts with pride!

Harper's sensitivity is in such contrast to my personality that my prayer for her is that I don't injure her little spirit with my callousness.  I pray for sensitivity with her and that I can gently  guide her without hurting her.  I want her to learn to use her mind and her curiosity as her strengths in life. She will be such a good friend to people!  I can't wait to see who my little one comes to be!

1 comment:

  1. I love Harper's green bow! amazing. Thanks for keeping this Blog. Your writing is well done & makes me feel like I'm getting to know these two little ones through your winding words. Love ya lady, so happy for your happiness-filled life:)
    Erin Ferguson

    ReplyDelete