Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stuff I Like (Alternately titled, I am old)

I am absolutely in love.  I also feel incredibly old.  I can remember when I used to get excited about a new movie coming out, maybe a new outfit, trying a new restaurant.  My newest obsession?  The object of my affection is...a mop.  Seriously, Aaron and I fight over who gets to use it.  BUT, in our defense it's not just any mop.  My new love:
This is my new Bissell Steam and Sweep. Isn't he sexy? This mop is revolutionary because, as the name says, it both sweeps up crumbs AND sanitizes the surface with steam.  What more can you ask for?  I am sounding like a Bissell commercial.

As you can see from the background of the picture,  my first floor is almost entirely ceramic tile.  With two one year olds that drop food like it is their job and a dog that goes outside about 5,422 times a day, my floor is, well, less than clean 99% of the time. On any given day there are dried up scrambled eggs, hard banana slices, muddy paw prints, milk splatters...and that's just the things that the dog hasn't licked up and the girls haven't eaten off the floor.  I have been losing my mind trying to keep the floor clean. Enter the Steam and Sweep.

Ah, the domesticated life.  I have become obsessed with minutia - like clean ceramic tile.  But, my friends, it is the little things that make me happy.

On a related note, I have begun a cleaning regiment with the girls.  It is going well, however, they still have a way to go before they are cleaning up entirely after themselves...much less the dog too.  In the meantime, I will keep using my Steam and Sweep and marvel at my shiny tile floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment